Friday, January 28, 2011

The Art of Making Love

On a snowy January night, I found myself tangled in my lover's arms.  It was one of those overwhelmingly perfect evenings.  Looking back, it was the first time I had ever felt the way I did.  The whole world disappeared as I gazed into her eyes, and I couldn't feel anything but love.  All thoughts ceased within my chaotic mind.  I found peace.

Talk of making love can be so taboo.  I don't understand why.  That deep connection you are able to share with your partner is one to be proud of.  Maybe it isn't so much taboo as it is hard to describe.  Or perhaps the taboo part is going into detail, which I assure you I don't intend to do here.

Making love is completely different from having sex.  We all know this, right?  There are so many books devoted to finding ways to please your partner sexually.  What a scam.  If you are in tune with your partner and have the ability to communicate openly, you have no need to seek books.  Sure, they can be fun to read and make you feel empowered - I'd be lying if I said I have never put my hands on one - but I just don't think it should feel necessary.  The joy of making love doesn't come from the right moves per se, but rather from the closeness you feel with your partner.  Where there is love there is a way.  And where there are intimacy issues there are causes beneath the surface.

In fact, there have been numerous things I've read that talked about making love in small ways throughout the day.  No sex involved.  Touching your lover's hand, making eye contact, and kissing each other passionately are all examples of this.  It should come as no surprise that these are things we do while in the full swing of sexual encounter with our lover.  Those are the parts that matter the most.  It should never be about climax, which is what the main object of sex has become.

The next time you are in the heat of the moment make sure to look into your lover's eyes.  Notice every sensation in your body.  Cherish every touch.  Notice every sound.  Forget everything but the love in your heart - the love that makes your heart burst forth with passion for your companion.

Love and peace go hand in hand.  May you find peace in the arms of your lover.

2 comments:

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Great blog, namaste my sister I will enjoy following your fine site. I invite you to follow mine so that we may share in your views.

In Lak' ech, my sister, love beyond the borders of fear...

Dhargey Khandro said...

Thank you for the love, Christopher. I am now following your blog as well, and I look forward to reading future posts. It is always a pleasure to find others with a mindset similar to my own.