Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dis-Ease

Every time I am feeling ill I remember a passage in one of Christopher Penzcak's books.  He said when we are feeling the effects of disease, we should try to figure out what it's telling us.  Most of the time, I feel like it means I need more adequate rest or a break from stress.  This time might be the same, but I'm not certain.  I have been sick for five days now and can't seem to find an end in sight.

There are many ways to dissect an illness from a spiritual standpoint.  Not only can I look at how tired it is making me, but I can look to the affected areas of my body.  If I have a sore throat (which I am thankfully not experiencing at the moment) I could say it's related to my throat chakra, and this would tell me I am not speaking my mind thoroughly or maybe I am speaking too much.  If I am suffering from headaches, I may need to become more in tune with my spiritual self and find some peace.

I love looking to the energy of chakras for meaning.  Sometimes it brings great relief.  I firmly believe we can cause our body to react negatively through our internal struggles.  Harmful energy that we create can turn into disease of all kinds.  Whatever illness has befallen me came because I have not been in a good place.  I have been allowing my stress to get the best of me.  It has caused outbursts of varying degrees, and it has also caused me to lose sight of much of my spiritual journey.  My illness says a lot, because it is widespread.  It's forcing me to take a long, deep look at myself and remember where I need to be in this world.

Christopher Penzcak explains all of this much better than I ever could.  This bit of information comes from his book The Inner Temple of Witchcraft.  Even if you have no interest in witchcraft, his books shed light on various spiritual topics.  He is the first author I ever felt connected to.  I can honestly say he helped create the spiritual person I have become.

All spiritual talk aside, I'm going to hope what I have isn't pneumonia.  I hear that's going around.




No comments: