Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The BlackBerry Diet

I have a tendency to browse through numerous blogs in a week's time.  I'm always looking for new blogs to subscribe to.  Let's call it a new-found addiction.  Through my browsing this past week I came across not only a great blog but a great novel. 

The BlackBerry Diet by Barbara de Vries is based on the true account of her husband's affair.  While I haven't yet finished it, I am reading at a more rapid pace than I have in ages.  The story is very moving.  Anyone who has dealt with a cheating spouse will find it easy to see themselves in her position.  In fact, I venture to say one would be able to place themselves in her position even if they have never endured this kind of predicament.  I think the thing I love most is her ability to share her experience with the world.  It takes a lot of courage not only on her part but on her husband's as well.  They stayed together, and that is the beauty of it.

I have thrown about the idea of writing a novel based on some of the situations my fiance and i have gone through.  It's more than some couples face in a lifetime.  If I would decide to share with the world, I hope it touches people the way Barbara has touched me.  There is something to be said about the feeling of realizing you aren't alone.  It truly gives the sense of empowerment.  It's okay to go through something like this and feel totally crazy.  And it's okay to walk away from it having become a stronger person.

If you would like to read The BlackBerry Diet, Barbara has posted it online for free viewing.  You can read it here.  Be sure to bookmark it, and enjoy!

No comments: