Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to Reality Again

After having a weekend full of band related activities, I find it really hard to get back into the swing of real life. Going back to my day job is probably the hardest chore of all. After playing shows and having rehearsals, I always start to see how I feel about my job in comparison to my music, my career. If I could spend every day working on music and live off such endeavors, I would absolutely do it. That would be happiness for me. However, here I am questioning my daily life again. Wondering what I can do to make my days happier for myself. I've been thinking a lot about a new job. That could help, but for how long? I suppose it all depends on what kind of job I would get. Not to mention, jobs are hard to come by in Williamsport. I couldn't tell you why, but It's a very frustrating ordeal.

My mind has been throwing around the idea of moving back to York, or the general vicinity. The place really isn't that bad. I think it's less beautiful than Williamsport, and the people are not as close to one another, but there is a lot going for it as a city. There are many activities and venues for the band. Many job opportunities. My family and closest friends. I never wanted to go back. I still am not completely sure of the idea. But it's not like it will be happening anytime soon. Between my financial status and the lovely girlfriend I've aquired while living here, I will be stuck for a bit longer. When the time comes to leave, I will know it. I remember the feeling all too well.

Here's to taking charge and releasing all worries...

No comments: