Friday, July 11, 2008

Last night, I had my first recalled dream in a long time... I dreamed of trying to get to my girlfriend's house to sleep with her, a large snow in july, a million and one plow trucks (didn't seem very necessary,) and an ex boyfriend i haven't even thought about in ages. ... Must have been the caffeine.

Onto other things, I just read an article about a woman who, at age 75, is stripping publicly. My first reaction: the same as everyone else I'm sure. However, I realized, if this woman can feel so fine about herself as to strip down without feeling insecure in the least bit, good for her! I think more people should feel this way about themselves. Sometimes, I've wondered if we're meant to be naked all the time, like a tribe of sorts. If we were, there would be no clothing to make people cool or sexy. Not to mention, if people were used to seeing everyone else naked, it would be less of a sexual thing. It would be common. Sex might not be such a wonderful event in that scenario. In theory, this could bring down the rape numbers. Just a thought.

About a month ago, I was shocked to realize how many rapes occur all the time. It's something that isn't thought about on a daily basis, and I'm not sure if it should or shouldn't be. I mean, if women thought about it everyday (as I was during the week I had this realization,) it would create a paranoia. It's hard to live life to the fullest when you're constantly worried someone might attack you. It is good to know life isn't perfect all the time. It's good to know that there are people out there that could potentially hurt others. Essentially, it's good to know the truth. However, dwelling on these truths doesn't help anyone. Once you are aware of the world around you, you will perceive threats before you normally would, anyway. This is what keeps me from worrying. Not to mention, it's much better to live a life of joy than one of constant anxiety.

Here's to changing the world one person at a time....

No comments: