Friday, February 18, 2011

Find Your Passion

Your passion is that which makes you feel better about your life.  It gives you a sense of purpose.  It brings relief in times of pain.  You can have many passions or you can have only one.  But without passion you are a lost, wandering soul who may never find the meaning which you seek.

I've watched people wallow in misery because they lost their motivation to find peace and balance.  They forget they have things that take away the pain, even momentarily.  Positive things.  Instead, they feed their addictions as a means to escape.  These addictions take on many forms (not just the typical idea of drug and alcohol addictions,) as we all face it in some way.  I try to offer help, but I know they can only help themselves.  I cannot completely understand their pain, as I can barely understand my own.  Addictions make it easy to ignore the pain we endure at the hands of the world.  Rather than learn to work through it, we run away every chance we get.  I know I am guilty of this more often than not, but it's important for us all to break through!

What is your passion?  Do you love one or all of the arts like I do?  I'm quite the dabbler.  I like to try anything artistic or crafty, though there are only a handful of which I consider myself skillful enough to use often.  Maybe you are more left-brained than I and enjoy more rigid, factual tasks.  While I enjoy working with numbers and money, it is not something I feel brings balance to my life.  Even something that seems simple, such as bird-watching or even gardening, could be a passion.  No matter your choice, the outlet is a great way to feel grounded in who you are.  It is the best way to create joy in a life full of chaos.

The world is full of suffering.  You can only try to get through each moment with some sort of fascination in life.  Otherwise, you will spend each moment awaiting death.  Everyone has their drive.  If you can't seem to pinpoint yours, go try something new and interesting.  It just might be the thing you're missing.

No comments: